Your privacy is important to us, and it is Belliata’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
- our consumer-facing mobile application (“Belliata App”),
- our online business management software (“Software Service”),
- our social media pages,
1. Defined Terms
||means in relation to Belliata any entity that from time to time directly or indirectly controls is controlled by, or is under common control with Belliata;
||means the Belliata applications available on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store;
||means any individual who interacts with the Belliata Services, including users of our mobile applications such as the Belliata App, and individuals who book appointments, purchase services and otherwise interact with our Subscribers through the Belliata Services;
||means any business or entity that subscribes to (or otherwise accesses or uses) our Software Service and uses it to make bookings and engage with customers
||means any of the services we provide to Partners or individuals through our Apps and Websites;
||means https://belliatasalonsoftware.com/ and http://belliata.com, including all subdirectories, subdomains, and mobile sites thereof.
A. a Subscriber on the Belliata platform;
B. an End User; or
C. a visitor to any of our Websites.
3. What Information Do We Collect?
To better provide you with Belliata services, we may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- Contact details (e.g., name, address, email, telephone number, which may include third party emergency contact information),
- Personal details (e.g., date of birth, education, nationality),
- Financial and transaction data (e.g., purchase history, account information, shipping and billing information, etc.),
- Other Belliata Services related data (e.g., customer requests, statistics, etc.), and
- Location data with your permission (e.g. geolocation data sent via a mobile device).
4. How Do We Collect Information?
4.1 Belliata Services
We collect information about you whenever you use the Belliata Services, e.g.
- If you are a customer of a Subscriber or simply a Belliata App us. In that case,r, when you create an account on the Belliata App, we may ask for Personal Information such as your name, email and postal address, social media account ID, and Other Information you may provide with your account.
- If you are a Subscriber, when you sign up for our Software Service, we ask for your company name, address, phone number, email, credit card information, tax identification number, and other information about your business, as well as names and email addresses of authorized individuals on your account. We also collect Personal Information about your customers that they provide to the Belliata Services when they initiate a transaction or otherwise interact with you, such as to book an appointment or make a purchase.
- We collect information about you when you interact with Belliata Services, e.g. if you initiate a transaction through the Belliata Services, such as a purchase, we may collect information about you, such as your name, email, phone number, address, credit card information, as well as any other information you provide to process the transaction. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. We encrypt credit card numbers using industry-standard technology. We may also collect other Personal Information at the request of the Subscriber you are transacting with or through. We may also store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Belliata Services, such as IP address, operating system, device ID, and device type.
- We may collect information about third parties and only use this information for a reason it was provided.
Third-party service providers on our behalf, and we collect information about your location when you use or access Belliata Services. The degree of precision of the location data varies depending on the source of such information. Those sources include:
We collect and use this location-related data to:
- Provide you with services you have purchased or requested
- Deliver content that is relevant to you based upon your location
- Deliver marketing or ad content that is relevant to you based on your location
- Protect against abuse or misuse of services or your account
- Improve our site and services
You may disable the collection and use of your location data through your browser-, operating system- or device-level settings. Consent concerning location data may be withdrawn at any time by changing these settings.
4.2 Other sources
- In addition to the information we collect from you through Belliata Services, we may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, strategic and joint marketing partners, social media pages and platforms, people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. e.g., suppose you elect to connect your social media account to your Belliata App account. In that case, certain information from your social media account may be shared with us, including information that’s part of your profile or your friends’ profiles. We may also collect other Personal Information through Belliata Services under the direction of our Subscribers.
5. Cookies, Pixel Tags and Other Web Beacons
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or device if you agree. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons notify our service providers or us of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: required for the operation of our Websites. They include, e.g., cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Websites.
- Analytical/performance cookies: allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around our Websites. This helps us improve how they work, e.g., by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily. We use these to remember who you are and keep track of your preferences. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you landed on one of our own and the website you visit after you leave your own if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
- Targeting and Remarketing Cookies from Third-party Advertising Networks. Belliata has relationships with third-party advertising companies to place advertisements on our behalf onto other websites and perform tracking and reporting functions for our platform and our advertisements. These third parties may place cookies on your device, which automatically collect information about your visit to one of our Websites, your IP address, your ISP and the browser you use. Information collected may be used, among other things, to deliver advertising targeted to your interests and to better understand the usage and visitation patterns of our platform and Websites. You can learn more about this type of remarketing below.
You may notice that sometimes, after visiting a website, you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. That’s because the website you visited has placed a cookie on your web browser. Using that cookie and web analytics tools, the website owner will be able to show you adverts on third-party websites that they think you might be interested in. This cookie does not give access to your computer or mobile device, but may be able to identify you from other details.
Our Websites use Google Analytics to show relevant adverts to users who have previously visited us as they browse the web. This enables us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you. You may see Belliata or one of our Partners in search results pages (using Google Adwords), on YouTube, in banner adverts on Gmail and on other services run by Google.
If you do not wish to see ads, you can:
Opting Out of Cookies
You can refuse to accept some or all cookies by modifying settings within your browser. For guidance on how to do this, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org. However, if you block strictly necessary cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Websites. If you wish to opt out of remarketing cookies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-out Page.
6. How Personal Information May Be Used
We will only use your personal information within the law for legitimate business purposes. We will use your personal information mostly in the following circumstances:
To provide the functionality of Belliata Services and related support.
- To create, and administer accounts, fulfil and record transactions, and provide you with related assistance (e.g., technical help, answer inquiries relating to Personal Information, etc.).
- To send administrative information to you, e.g., information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, with your consent, and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
To provide you with marketing and promotional materials and opportunities, and facilitate social sharing.
- To send you marketing communications and offer other materials that we believe may be of interest to you, such as to send you newsletters or other direct communications.
- To share information with other marketers (and their service providers) to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests or similar promotions.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality if you choose to do so.
We will engage in this activity with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you, or where we have a legitimate interest.
For reporting and trending.
- To better understand you and our other users, so that we can tune and personalize our offering.
- For trending and statistics, and to improve our products and services.
We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest.
To accomplish our business purposes.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, e.g., to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- For responding to legal duties, such as requests from public and government authorities.
We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or because we have a legitimate interest.
To the extent that we process your Personal Information based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
7. How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our strategic partners and third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing services, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- To our Subscribers if you are an End User and are using our Belliata Services to interact with that Subscriber. Please contact the Subscriber you interact with directly for more information on that Subscriber’s privacy practices.
- To third parties to permit them (or their own customers) to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions, consistent with your choices.
- To you, through message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials, including as described in the sections below titled “Testimonials, Ratings and Reviews” and “Public Forum.”
- To your friends associated with your social media account, to other website users and as well as to your social media account provider, in connection with your social sharing activity, such as if you connect your Facebook account to your Belliata App account or our social media pages.
- To business partners in the context of a corporate transaction. If Belliata is involved in a sale or business transaction (e.g., merger or acquisition), Belliata will retain a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, e.g., an acquiring or target entity and its advisors.
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
8. Securing Your Personal Information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information we will use strict procedures and security features in relation to that data.
When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our Sites or through our Sites, it will be protected by encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Belliata does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or personal information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Belliata or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Belliata account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
9. Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You have certain rights with regard to your personal information:
- You have the right to know and request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you within the last 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. You also have the right to know if we have disclosed your personal information for business purposes.
- You have the right to update your personal information.
- You have the right to request a portable copy of your personal information.
- You have the right to request that Belliata delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions allowed under applicable law.
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. If you choose to exercise your rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide different quality of services unless those differences are related to value provided to Belliata by your data.
You may exercise these rights by contacting Belliata in accordance with point 11 below. If you are a consumer under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and wish to contact us through an authorized agent, the authorized agent can submit a request on your behalf along with a notice signed by you certifying that the agent is authorized to act on your behalf. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity, including but not limited to verification of your email, prior to responding to your requests.
Belliata declares to provide you with the information requested under Point 1 above free of charge, by email or electronically, within a 45 days of receipt of the request, in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily usable format. Belliata shall not be required, however, to provide you with your personal information more than twice in a 12-month period.
In addition to the above rights, you can update or remove financial account information. You can also deactivate your Belliata account.
10. Your Information Choices and Changes
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Belliata by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Belliata account or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information, including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties, to our contact information below.
- Cookie choices. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
- Application location choices. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
11. California Privacy Rights and Other Countries
Your California Privacy Rights (As Provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
A California resident who has provided personal infor